Welcome to the PufferPanel community forums! Please visit our discord for support: https://discord.gg/v8dz49e

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user

• I just installed pufferpanel on my Debian 9.8 server. everything seemed to install fine but after I ran ./pufferpanel updatesite to set it up to a subdomain I received an error

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I figured that after I ran mysql_secure_installation it stopped allowing root access form something like pufferpanel. So I created a new mysql user called pufferpanel and granted it full rights, and went ahead and dropped the DB (./pufferpanel won't work as it just returns ERROR 1045). I also double checked that my sql user was working via mysql -upufferpanel -p and I logged in fine.

root@web:/srv/pufferpanel# ./pufferpanel install
    PHP 7.1.0+: [Installed]
    PHP-curl: [Installed]
    PHP-hash: [Installed]
    PHP-openssl: [Installed]
    PHP-pdo: [Installed]
    PHP-pdo_mysql: [Installed]
    ------------
    Thank you for using the PufferPanel installer!
    Please do not run this installer if PufferPanel has already been installed without first running ./pufferpanel purge

Before we can complete the installation, we need to ask you some questions
    These questions will help configure PufferPanel so that you can get to using it
    ------------
    MySQL Configuration
    Enter the MySQL host [localhost]:
    Enter the MySQL port [3306]:
    Enter the MySQL username (MUST HAVE GRANT) [root]: pufferpanel
    Enter the MySQL account password:
    Creating pufferpanel account and installing database...
    ERROR 1044 (42000) at line 2: Access denied for user 'pufferpanel'@'localhost' to database 'pufferpanel'
    MySQL has been configured and the database was installed
    Switching to new user for further commands

Again I am getting "Access Denied". What am I missing here?

Users

Topics