Trying to get a server to launch a python script pre launch

• I have tried to edit the <server_id>.json file to get my Garry's Mod to run a python script which updates the workshop content that the clients have to download. I have tried to add a new editible field for the edit server bit on pufferpanel and added the command to run in the pre[] section. Here is the json i have edited:

I have attempted to add a new field section (collectionid) here:

"map": {
            "desc": "Map to load by default",
            "display": "Map",
            "internal": false,
            "required": true,
            "value": "ttt_minecraft_haven",
            "userEdit": false
          },
    	  "collectionid": {
            "desc": "Workshop Collection ID",
            "display": "Collection Id",
            "required": false,
            "value": "1283432484",
          },
          "maxplayers": {
            "desc": "Max players allowed on server",
            "display": "Max Players",
            "required": true,
            "value": "20",
          },

and this is the pre section in run:

"pre": [
    		"python /srv/lib/server_stuff/server_startup_scripts/garrysmod/workshop_updater2.0.py ${collectionid} /var/lib/pufferd/servers/${name}/garrysmod/lua/autorun/server/workshop.lua"
    	  ],

I restarted the pufferd service and now pufferpanel says this when i do sudo service pufferd status:
    pufferd[14968]: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field RunObject.pre of type map[string]interface {}

Any help into getting this to work would be great :)

• The structure for pre follows how install works.

You need:

"pre": [ {
        "type": "command",
        "commands": ["python /srv/lib/server_stuff/server_startup_scripts/garrysmod/workshop_updater2.0.py ${collectionid} ${rootDir}/garrysmod/lua/autorun/server/workshop.lua"]
    }]

For reference, ${name} is not a value we populate (although I see usages for why we might want to), and ${rootdir} actually points to the root directory of the server (so would cover the /var/lib/pufferd/server/name/).

• Ah yeah, just solved the pre sturcture issue i was having, although i didn't know about the ${rootdir}, i'll use that instead

• Commands also do run in the server's root, so you might have been able to just pass garrysmod/lua/autorun/server/workshop.lua to your python script if it knows where it's running from.

Users

Topics