Uploading folders failed

• When I connect through sftp I can upload the files well, the problem is I want to upload a folder with several things at a time, I get this error:

Status: Starting up C: \ Users \ Dani \ Desktop \ new folder \ spigot.json
    Retrieving directory listing of "/ new folder" ...
    Error: Reading directory.: Received failure with description 'open / new folder: no such file or directory'
    Command: put "C: \ Users \ Dani \ Desktop \ new folder \ spigot.json" "spigot.json"
    Command: location: C: \ Users \ Dani \ Desktop \ new folder \ spigot.json => remote: / new folder / spigot.json
    Error: error while writing: received failure with description 'open / new folder / spigot.json: no such file or directory'
    Error: Transfer failed

Command: cd "/ new folder"
    Answer: New directory is: "/ new folder"
    Command: mkdir "new folder"
    Error: mkdir / new folder / new folder: no such file or directory
    Command: mkdir "/ new folder / new folder"
    Error: mkdir / new folder / new folder: no such file or directory

But if I create the folder empty and then I put the file if I leave.
    Why can this be?

Use Filezilla and puffer is in Ubuntu Linux 16.04.3

• So, I've run into this issue myself. Don't know what the issue is with Filezilla, but try using WinSCP instead and see if it works then.

• with WinSCP everything works correctly thank you.

You should look at it because it does not go with Filezilla since it is the most used

• solved thanks

• This is correct, as of 12/19, version 1.1.4 does not work well with FileZilla when it comes to uploading folders. As I understand it, FileZilla is a qualified SFTP client, and it has no issues with regular SFTP transfers to other servers.

• @bkraul said in Uploading folders failed:

This is correct, as of 12/19, version 1.1.4 does not work well with FileZilla when it comes to uploading folders. As I understand it, FileZilla is a qualified SFTP client, and it has no issues with regular SFTP transfers to other servers.

FileZilla kinda does things in a wonky way, which we have been fixing as we go. Other clients don't do such things, or do them in a more expected way, Filezilla prefers different ways, which is supported by the other servers, but we are operating more on the spec with a lib.

We still ask users to open issues as we go, but we recommend WinSCP and Cyberduck.

• @lordralex, thanks for the info. What is the lib you are using for the sftp daemon in puffer? Perhaps we can try on the other end and post something in the FileZilla dev community, it may turn out to be a pretty negligible fix.

Users

Topics