[Query] Wondering if anyone knows how OAuth2 resolves domain names



  • I'm toying around with the idea of defining internal domain names for remote node ip's. However, I'm struggling to figure out how OAuth2 resolves domain names. Using CNAME and A records from external providers such as no-ip/domain.com to point to the remote node works. For internal resolving I've added entries into my /etc/hosts file and configured the /etc/resolve.conf so it checks the local dns server before 8.8.8.8 and nslookup reports the correct ip for the internal domain name, as does ping. But i still can't seem to get OAuth authentication working for internal domains...



  • What kind of error were you getting when you tried?

    OAuth is just a standard curl command effectively, it's not anything special in that regard.



  • Post http://*******.klinxcraft.com/oauth2/token/info: dial tcp: lookup *******.klinxcraft.com on 8.8.8.8:53: dial udp 8.8.8.8:53: socket: too many open files
    [00:51:21] [ERROR] Error handling route
    interface conversion: interface is nil, not string

    *******.klinxcraft.com is the address of the authserver, and is defined externally with domain.com.
    The internally defined name is doran.klinxcraft.com

    the previous error is this:

    interface conversion: interface is nil, not string
    [23:34:24] [ERROR] Unexpected response code from auth server
    502

    but that was before i added the local dns to resolv.conf, and nslookup failed to find the internal domain name.

    after restarting pufferd, im back to this error

    interface conversion: interface is nil, not string
    [23:34:24] [ERROR] Unexpected response code from auth server
    502


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to PufferPanel Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.