Welcome to the PufferPanel community forums! If you need help please register an account and post in the Support category.

Issues getting started with pufferpanel

• Since I'm not able to help you since it looks like it don't log the error, I would try to uninstall anything and install it again inside docker (the purpose of docker is to help to get out from situations like this :P )

• @GoadingGoat said in Issues getting started with pufferpanel:

Thanks for trying.

There should be even a PufferPanel docker image already online :P

• The issue is that the php user cannot write to the /srv/pufferpanel/logs directory.

Just chown that folder to your php user (www-data if ubuntu, apache if centos, can use htop to determine which).

• Unfortunately not that either.

• When you fix that issue, it will allow the actual logs to exist in /srv/pufferpanel/logs.

Please provide those.

• oh, i see...

Thanks

error is this:
    [2017-03-30 21-20-29] PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'pufferpanel'@'localhost' (using password: YES) #1045 in /srv/pufferpanel/vendor/j4mie/idiorm/idiorm.php:254 @ http://192.168.177.204:81$

Rather strange.... as pufferpanel has full permissions over its database.

where are the credentials for accessing the database stored?

• This is stored in the config, located at /srv/pufferpanel/config.json

• Thanks, i think that's fixed now.

Have a new error now.

[2017-03-30 21-40-02] Exception: Unable to load the required language file! /srv/pufferpanel/app/languages/.json in /srv/pufferpanel/src/core/language.php:49 @ http://192.168.177.204:81/ @@ exception--2017-03-30--21-40--6a18fe2dcf.html

There isn't a languages folder there.

• This implies the original installer had issues updating the database correctly.

You can run the following command to resolve the database issue bit:
    ./pufferpanel updatesite

That will fix the database settings so that you have a default language.

As for the languages folder, you are saying /srv/pufferpanel/app/languages is empty?

• actually wait... the folder is there. I misread the path.

and updating the site seems to have fixed everything.

Thank you very much

Users

Topics