Welcome to the PufferPanel community forums! If you need help please register an account and post in the Support category.

SFTP Problem

• Hello,
    I am having a problem accessing SFTP. My setup is a local VM running on VirtualBox (no forwarded ports).
    The problem is that when I try to access the FTP using the internal IP, I get this log:

Response:	fzSftp started, protocol_version=4
    Command:	keyfile "/home/velkovjr/.ssh/id_rsa"
    Command:	open "pp-bungee_c6inu@192.168.10.197" 22
    Command:	Pass: **********************
    Error:	Authentication failed.
    Error:	Critical error: Could not connect to server

What is the problem? Can I get some help?

Thanks in advance

• Well it says Authentication failed, which makes me think you have a bad password. Also, SFTP and FTP aren't the same.

• It says AUTHENTICATION FAILED , when u copy the password, please DONT copy a space behind, the space cause problems

• How do you know there's a space?

• @zacharee Because I the problem appears all the time by my users when they generate a password, and they always copy DA SPACE! After I tell them ALOT OF TIMES there is a space behind that passowrd generated , they wont understand, and I need to show them using team viewer how to copy the password without the space (not by double click), then only it will work.......

• Ah, OK. It sounded a little assumptive as it was posted, so I was curious.

• @zacharee
    password with space
    alt text

Password with NO SPACE
    alt text

The password with space seems legit

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to PufferPanel Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.