Welcome to the PufferPanel community forums! If you need help please register an account and post in the Support category.

Error 500 on installation

• I'm trying to install PufferPanel on Apache with Ubuntu, and when I attempt to go to /pufferpanel/public/router.php in Firefox or Chrome, it gives me an error 500. Am I going to the wrong install URL? I've already done sudo a2enmod rewrite and sudo service apache2 restart but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

• Hello,

i use this url :

http://xxxxxxxxxxx/auth/login

But when i just enter the IP of my server it redirect me on this url, so.. try it manually ?

• That doesn't seem to work. I get a 404 when I try going to that URL.

Not Found
    The requested URL /auth/login was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80

• The problem isn't me logging into the panel, it's actually installing it. When I go to /pufferpanel/public/router.php I get the error 500 error even after enabling a2enmod rewrite. Looking at PufferPanel's docs, it shows that the solution is the rewrite but it isn't working that way for me.

• Can't help you, I used the autoinstaller which uses Nginx...

• Is there a reason you're using apache? nginx is much easier.

• Ok. I just tried switching to nginx. Only problem now is I cannot access any of my directories on the server such as phpmyadmin to get MYSQL username and password from there. Since switching to nginx, there is a 403 error on every page I try to visit except for my index page...

• @Elate_ the easiest method of doing this may be to reinstall your instance (if possible) and settup nginx with all of your stuff as Apache and nginx conflict; PufferPanel I believe only uses nginx.

Of course though, you should make a full backup of everything first

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to PufferPanel Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.