Welcome to the PufferPanel community forums! If you need help please register an account and post in the Support category.

Votifier issues

• You can't bind the same port to both your internal and external IPs. That's why you're getting an error. For bungeecord, only use your external IP. For it's member servers, only use the internal IP. I can't give you an example container creation command without knowing the username, user ID, or amount of ram.

• yes I did bind the IP to the external IP address which is 10.240.0.2 with DIFFERENT PORT number, 12315 on bungee. It returns an error of cant bind to address. And yes "10.240.0.2" is my current connection address for my bungee server which run on port 25565

• @leang_97 said:

yes I did bind the IP to the external IP address which is 10.240.0.2 with DIFFERENT PORT number, 12315 on bungee. It returns an error of cant bind to address. And yes "10.240.0.2" is my current connection address for my bungee server which run on port 25565

[NuVotifier] Votifier was not able to bind to /10.240.0.2:12314
    java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425)
    at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:223)
    at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketChannel.doBind(NioServerSocketChannel.java:125)

at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.bind(AbstractChannel.java:485)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.bind(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1089)

at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeBind(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:430)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.bind(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:415)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.bind(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:903)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.bind(AbstractChannel.java:198)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap$2.run(AbstractBootstrap.java:348)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:358)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:357)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• Do not specify ips. Docker uses an internal system for ips.

• Exactly what Lord_Ralex said, your servers and votifiers should be listening on 0.0.0.0.

• When it was listening on 0.0.0.0 , the port WILL NOT BE opened and I get a connection refused from votifier testing programs. Any solutions?

• I have no idea what you mean by "WILL NOT BE OPENED". If you tell it to listen on 0.0.0.0, it will listen on that port on all IPs that the docker container sees, namely, 172.17.0.X. As long as you map the ports accordingly, "-p <external-ip>:8192:8192", your <external-ip>:8192 will forward to your docker container IP at port 8192. I'm more than willing to help you here, but you'd get an immediate response in IRC.

• When listening on 0.0.0.0 ,It will just gonna return an error of "Connection refused" when I try to ping that specific port that votifier listens , it clearly shows that nothing was listening on that specific port.
    I am now going to retry everything on my test server.....

• @leang_97 said:

When listening on 0.0.0.0 ,It will just gonna return an error of "Connection refused" when I try to ping that specific port that votifier listens , it clearly shows that nothing was listening on that specific port.
    I am now going to retry everything on my test server.....

WHat I confused now was the mapping actually, I hope I didnt do anything wrong
    {
    "name": "ece599f4-3aa9-406c-9acc-7501b6c099d3",
    "user": "pp-bungee_4r6wp",
    "build": {
    "mapping": {
    "10.240.0.2": {
    "12314": "12314",
    "8881": "8881",
    "8882": "8882"
    }
    },
    "disk": {
    "hard": 5120,
    "soft": 4096
    },
    "cpu": 0,
    "memory": 5120,
    "io": 500
    },
    "startup": {
    "command": "-Xms${memory}M -server -jar ${jar}",
    "variables": {
    "jar": "BungeeCord.jar"
    }
    },
    "keys": {
    "69b05a65-7a45-4318-9ac4-28db248e1287": [
    "s:ftp",
    "s:get",
    "s:power",
    "s:files",
    "s:files:get",
    "s:files:delete",
    "s:files:put",
    "s:files:zip",
    "s:query",
    "s:console",
    "s:console:send"
    ]
    },
    "gameport": 25565,
    "gamehost": "10.240.0.2",
    "plugin": "bungeecord"
    }

is this the right configurations for port mapping?

• That does appear to be correct except for lacking the default votifier port of 8192. I can only assume from that config that you've changed the port that votifier is running on.

After re-creating the docker container and starting it, run the following and ensure that the ports actually got mapped correctly.
    # docker ps -a | grep bungee
    If they are not mapped correctly, you'll have to destroy and re-create the docker container manually. You can find out how to do that at the following link. https://community.pufferpanel.com/topic/31/an-unofficial-faq-tutorial

Users

Topics