minecraft more then 1 core

• Hello.
    How can i start minecraft server on multiple core CPU?
    I see that server use only 1 core, and this is make lags in game (low TPS).

• Change the cpu quota settings to a higher percentage.

Each core equals 100% so 4 cores would be 400%

• I don't make limitation. This option is set to 0.

• do you know how many cores are available?

• 8 cores is available.

• Hmm, what OS r u running?

• Distributor ID: Debian
    Description: Debian GNU/Linux 8.4 (jessie)
    Release: 8.4
    Codename: jessie

• Try getting htop (sudo apt-get install htop) and open it by typing "htop".
    This should open up a system resource usage graph. It's click friendly even with ssh.
    Monitor your core usage while you teleport to random places ingame. If you see all your cores spike then there is a startup command that may fix it. If only one core get affected set your server cpu cap to 800%.

• @SirCoolness said:

set your server cpu cap to 800%.

Maybe this is solution for me, now i see spikes simultaneously on several cores instead of one.
    Tomorrow will test with players.

• ok if you are still having major lag issues edit your server java startup perameters to "-server -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=7 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -Xms${memory}M -Xmx${memory}M -jar ${jar}" image

• I made test with players. It is not work. Only one core goes to 100%. Other cores tossing near 0%.

• have you tried using the startup parameters?

• Are you using docker? You can check by looking at /srv/scales/logs/proc.log and seeing if it says "Using docker?: true". If it does, then I would recommend disabling docker by editing /srv/scales/config.json so that the file says docker: false.

• @SirCoolness said:

have you tried using the startup parameters?

Yes.

Are you using docker?

No.

I just move my server to more powerful machine. I think minecraft just can't use multiple cores.

• i was going to say, it seems that your proccessor is underpowered.
    i suggest getting a machine with higher ghz not cores.

• Minecraft does tend to stay on one core, at least it did in the past. Bukkit plugins however would use other cores, but it really depended on the plugin.

Looks like your connection to PufferPanel Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.