Is there a way to transfer settings across a reinstall?

• Since PufferPanel seems to have stopped working, I'm going to try to reinstall it. However, I don't really want to go through the hassle of reconfiguring eight servers, then renaming folders and fixing permissions.

Since I have recently gotten into MySQL settings and have seen how Scales and PufferPanel keep their records, I'm wondering if it is possible to transfer this database somehow, so that I can just have my servers pre-configured and ready to run. Is this possible? Can I transfer my server configuration to a new installation?

If my PufferPanel issues don't go away, I will see what happens with a fresh install. I just would like to see where this gets me (and maybe even use it in the future, when I have to reinstall Ubuntu).

• Not really, you can certainly transfer the MySQL database and its contents, but the information in it would likely be wrong. I would highly recommend doing the install from scratch, as there are a ton of issues I can foresee from trying to transfer an install.

• Thanks. I guess I'll just do that. I certainly know how :p.

Are there plans for some sort of transfer option in the future?

• We have a lot of plans, just not a lot of means to fulfill those plans. I know we have certainly kept in mind keeping the configuration less hardcoded in pufferd and the new PufferPanel and will continue to though.

Looks like your connection to PufferPanel Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.