Welcome to the PufferPanel community forums! If you need help please register an account and post in the Support category.

Kernel?

• I know this isnt exactly your problem to solve, but how would i go about resetting to the generic kernel on ubuntu 14.04 for OVH?, every time has resulted in the server no longer booting, and the guide for updating the kernel you have yields that same result.

• Not using OVH would be one option.

• I have noticed this occurring on some OVH servers, but not others. I've not been able to figure out what the difference is though. There is a way to ask OVH to use the default kernel on install.

In the OVH panel, click Reinstall

On the first screen, choose Ubuntu 14.04 as the distro and also click "custom installation"

Click next past the partition screen

On the bottom of the page after that, choose "Use distribution kernel"

That should make it use the default kernel instead of OVH's. A user reported that OVH was no longer allowing this option though, so please let me know if this works. If it does I will add it to the documentation.

Thanks

• @puffrfish I get the error that the custom OVH kernel must be installed instead of the original :/

• sudo apt-get install linux-image-generic
    rm /boot/bzImage*
    grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    reboot

You're welcome. :)

• It's working fine for me for both Debian 8 and Ubuntu Distro's. However the check box is labeled "Use Original Kernel" not "Use distribution kernel"

I am using dedicated server though.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to PufferPanel Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.